Have you been listening to your favorite Playlist created on YouTube while completing your chores in your house, or have you been watching a vlog or learning something? YouTube messages allow you to watch your videos freely without any disturbance. While focused entirely, you might find a sudden message on your screen. Manage “Are you still watching?” Well, it can be annoying, and it can break the link and also hinder your focus. What can you do about YouTube messages? If you are looking for endless ways to stop YouTube from sending you such notifications. Here in this article, we will help you how to turn off “Are you still watching?”
Why Does YouTube Send You “Are You Still Watching?” Messages
One of the reasons for youtube to send you such a message is to protect your watch history. This helps you to also save data and reminds you to turn it off if you are not watching the video.
The message to appear has a different time duration depending upon the type of device you are using. If you are watching the videos on autoplay and using a mobile phone, you will see this message appear 30 mins after you have last used it.
If you are using a web server, you Will see the message after 60 mins of use, and if you are watching youtube on your TV, you will receive the message 180 mins after you last surfed the video.
How Can I Keep My Videos Playing?
If you are looking for ways to keep your videos playing for a Long time, here’s how you can have an undisputed experience of creating a pleasurable time without interruption.
There are many reasons why you might even see a message like that appear as soon as you have started surfing YouTube videos. The probable reasons for this to happen can be,
- Your headphones are not connected.
- You might not be connected to the Internet.
- No updates have been made.
- Lack of storage.
These could be probable reasons why sometimes you might be receiving these messages. Here are different ways which will help you to avoid getting these messages.
How To Turn Off “Are You Still Watching?”
This one way may help you have a longer screen time. Since no method will help you stop these messages from coming here, you can try a few ways to keep your videos playing for a Long time.
Increase Your Screen Time
This will take a few minutes for you to do. If you are using the server, here’s how to do it.
- Go to the Windows icon at the left, press the Window key + I, and select Settings.
- After you have done so, you will see a variety of options open.
- Select the system.
- Go to the power and sleep menu.
- After you have done so, scroll below, and you will see the option When plugged in, PC goes to deep sleep.
- Change the setting to never.
This will help you play the youtube videos a bit longer.
Another Way To Turn Off the “Are You Still Watching” Feature
While how entertaining youtube is and how most of us have used it to ultimately spend our time watching old shows, songs, and vlogs or even use it for learning. Are you still watching messages that can be annoying, interrupting you, and breaking your flow? Here’s how you can disable it.
- To turn this, make sure you have a youtube account. If you do not, then sign in and create a youtube account.
- After you have logged in at the top right, you will see three lines that resemble a hamburger. Click on that.
- Go to your settings options.
- Under that, you will see an option of Are you still watching? Uncheck that under the notification.
- Click on save changes which are at the bottom of the screen.
Can You Disable Youtube’s Video Pauses?
If you have noticed that you are away from your phone, suddenly, you will be notified with video pauses. If you have enabled “Are You still watching,” disable the video first. Here’s how you can turn off paused videos.
- Log in to your youtube account if you still need to sign in, or create an account and log in.
- Go to the setting option available. If you are using your phone, tap on your profile icon, which Is present at the top right of the screen. If you are using a web browser, you will see three lines in the right corner.
- Select the Setting option among the many others.
- In the setting you choose, are you still watching? And uncheck the following option. This option will be available under notifications.
- Save the changes, and you are good to go.
Disable Are You Still Watching Notification
To turn off the, Are you Still Watching messages in your notification settings? Here’s how you can do this in a few simple steps.
- Log in to your YouTube account. You can turn off the notification only if you have logged in to YouTube, and if not, create a YouTube account and log in.
- If you use your phone, click the profile icon and select History. If you are using your Laptop or a computer, then. On the left hand, you will see three lines stacked like a hamburger stacked on top of one another. Click on that icon. Select History.
- Under History, Select My Videos.
- You will find all the recently watched videos.
- Click on the X ion, which will be next to the area you are still watching YouTube videos.
- Uncheck it and click on the blue delete button.
There are many ways which you can use as mentioned above. If these do not work, many extensions and new web browsers allow you to keep playing the videos without interruption. This way, you can turn off “Are you still Watching YouTube videos?