Instagram is a platform everyone loves and has been widely used for entertainment, business, and various reasons. Has its popularity increased, and has the app undergone so many changes? Instagram has constantly been updating, and with the first quarter of 2023, it is all set to bring significant changes to its app’s settings. When you visit your profile on Instagram, which is on the bottom right of the screen, and you click the three Hamburger items, you’ll notice something that says
Some account settings are moving – Should I be scared?
While some of you might be scared and have questions like, is your Instagram hacked? No, it’s not. Your Instagram Account is not hacked. As mentioned, the account center will now be the primary place where you will have to manage your account. This applies to both Instagram and Facebook. Now you will be able to access the account center for all your meta profiles and platforms
What is an Account Center On Instagram?
The account center will allow you to access some of the most essential features on Instagram and Facebook. The locations which you’ll access in the Account center include
- Your details can be easily managed in the Account center: your Identity Confirmation, date of birth, contact information, and more.
- You will be able to access your password in the Account center. You can manage your accounts, change your password, two-factor authentication, login access, and more.
- You can even set your ad preferences and have various ad options available.
- You will be able to access information and also check permission for various downloads.
- You can now make payments using Meta Pay.
- With Account center, you can now activate and deactivate any old Instagram accounts. The changes will not just be for one specific account but all the arrangements.
Will other settings change?
While it’s unlikely other settings will change, especially the locations which are added for individual apps. The setting that you can manage on a specific app will remain the same, and it includes.
- Your personal preferences will not change and will remain specific to a particular app. These include your Notifications and activity log, which will remain for a specific application only and not be merged.
- If you have any particular device setting for an application, then these device settings will not be changed. These include a dark mode, various types of media settings like audio, video, and more, and your mobile data; you will still be able to manage all these settings.
- You can still Manage who can see your stories or have any interaction with your profile on the platform.
These are the things that will move from your profile settings to the meta Account center, and you will be able to manage all your profile settings on the app.
Will You Be Able to Change the Search Setting on Instagram?
Instagram has a great feature that allows you to change what you see on Instagram. Instagram will allow you to change Search Setting on your Instagram profile. By changing your search setting, you get to reset your explore page. This allows you to optimize Instagram as per your need. You will only see things you want to see on your explore page. There are many times you might find that the content Instagram explore page shows may be outside your interests or even irrelevant.
One of the essential functions of which the Instagram algorithm decides what will appear on your explore page depends on your Interaction with similar posts. The For You page is the recommended content that Instagram selects for you. These posts include the post you have liked, saved, and shared or even similar posts you have interacted with. If you are unsatisfied with what you see, then Instagram offers an option to change Instagram Settings and optimize the type of content you want to see.
To reset your search Setting, you must clean your search history.
Here’s how you can do it.
- Log in to your Instagram account, and go to your Profile icon on the bottom right of your phone.
- After you have clicked on the profile icon, you can see your feed, and at the top right, there will be a hamburger icon that opens many settings.
- Go to your activity, and select recent searches.
- There you can go and click all of your recent search histories.
You can even Manually Change your Settings on your Explore page
- Go to your Explore page on your Instagram account.
- Select the Instagram post you do not like, and you will see three dots, select that three dots.
- After doing so, you will see a list of options. Select the Not interested option.
This is a very tedious way of getting what you like, and you don’t. As you individually have to remove the post from your feed.
Another way that will help you change your search setting on Instagram Is clearing your Instagram Cache
Here’s how you can delete your Instagram Cache.
While you surf on Instagram, you might have visited a profile Several times, and this data is stored as it becomes easier for Instagram to load similar content for you. You can go to your phone’s device settings and go to Instagram, and clear the app’s Cache. This will be different for both Android and iOS users.
With the 2023 Update on Instagram, you will be able to access your Personal information and change passwords in the account center. While the update is not accessible to everyone at the moment, some people will not get the update but will have to wait a few more days. While the details are much vaguer, more clarity is needed on what changes will be seen on Instagram, Facebook, and other Meta Platforms.
What is Instagram Account Center Update All about?
The account center will now be a designated place in your setting that you can use to manage various activities like your Instagram and Facebook profiles. You can log in to different accounts and even manage your Meta Related services. The account center will enable you to have a completely personalized experience on the platform.
Can I deactivate or activate an old Instagram Account?
With the Instagram account center, you can now activate and Deactivate any Instagram Account. All of your Facebook and Instagram profiles will be limited.
Will Instagram Search Setting be available in the Account center?
While changing your account, Search Settings will not be moved to the account center, and you can add preferences related to the type of ads you want to watch. To change the search setting, you will have to go to your Instagram settings and manually clear your search setting. This will help in resetting the target page as per your need.
Can I access my Account center using Facebook?
Yes, you will be able to access your account center on Facebook as well as Instagram. All your login preferences, passwords, and ad settings can be easily managed using your account center. All of your meta profiles are linked, and you can manage them using the same platform.